Some of its tips are summarized as follows:
1. Define the corresponding layer defined as ground or power layer as CAM PLANE in setup/layer definition.
2. Enter your stacked structure in layer thinkness, such as the thickness of each layer, the dielectric constant of the board, and so on.
Through the above settings, select a certain network and press CTRL+Q to see the characteristic impedance and delay related to the network.
Quickly delete the method of the ground or power copper frame that has been defined:
Step 1: Remove the copper frame to be removed from the board.
Step 2: Refill the copper frame outside the board.
Step 3: Redefine the copper frame network to none and then delete it.
Tip: If you use powerpcb4.01, then the speed of removing copper is faster.
For a large pcb board, it can be deleted in a few minutes. If you don't use the above method, it can take several hours.
About the method of speed winding in powerpcb:
Step 1: Set to arc in the miters under the design of the setup/preferences panel, and the ratio is 3.5.
Step 2: Line the right angle.
Step 3: Select the line, right click the mouse, select the add miters command to draw the winding quickly.
A problem that should be noted in powerpcb4.0:
In general, the outer frame of the product is imported through the *.dxf file. However, after the pcb file is imported into the *.dxf file, it is easy to get a database error, which will bring a bane to the future design. A good way to do this is to import the *.dxf file into a new pcb file, and then copy the required text and line from the pcb file into the pcb file of the design, so that the data of the designed pcb file will not be destroyed. .
If you hit one by one, you can do this:
1. Set the GND network trace width, such as 20mil.
2. Set the end of the trace to END VIA.
3. When you are walking, press ctrl + left mouse button to quickly hit the hole.
If you are playing a lot of neatly through the hole, you can use the autorouter blazerouter to automatically play.
Of course, you must set the rules:
1. Set a layer as the CAM layer and assign it the GND network attribute.
2. Set the GND network trace width, such as 20mil.
3. Set the distance between the via and the pad, such as 13mil.
4. Set the design grid and fanout grid to 1 mil.
5. Then you can use the fanout function to automatically punch holes.
First, the copper layer is changed to split/mixs; click the smart split icon, draw the copper frame, then click the right button, select any selection mode, move the cursor to the copper frame, and divide it; finally, fill the copper!
Select the copper mode, draw the outer frame, right shape select shape, select the copper frame, the property is changed to gnd, flood can; finally delete the island.
Note: You must change this layer to split/mixe before drawing the frame, otherwise you can't select it! The next operation is the same as described above.
Finally, let's say that the copper frame must be set in preferences->split/mixed plane->mixed plane display.
1. What is the difference between copper, copper pour, plane aera, auto separate when copper is covered?
Copper pour: fast copper
Plane aera: smart copper / power supply, ground copper (use layer must be defined in the layer setup split / mixe in order to use)
Auto separate: intelligent split (after drawing a smart copper frame, if there are multiple networks, use this function module to split)
2. Is it 2D line?
Can be used in the negative direction, but not safe enough.
3. Is copper selected for flood or tools->pout manager?
Flood: It is a copper-clad frame and copper.
Pout manager: is to operate on all copper.
First draw a small copper-clad area and cover the copper; then you can draw a copper-clad area