The past, present and future PCBs are becoming more widely used because they have many unique advantages, as outlined below.
(1) It can be made dense. For more than 100 years, the high density of printed boards has grown with the increased integration of integrated circuits and advances in mounting technology.
(2) High reliability. Through a series of inspections, tests and aging tests, the PCB can be reliably operated for a long period of time (usually 20 years).
(3) Designability. For the various performances of PCB (electrical, physical, chemical, mechanical, etc.), the design of printed boards can be realized through design standardization and standardization, with short time and high efficiency.
(4) Productivity. With modern management, it can carry out standardization, scale (quantity), automation and other production to ensure product quality consistency.
(5) Testability. Established a relatively complete test method, test standards, various test equipment and instruments to detect and identify the eligibility and service life of PCB products.
(6) Assemblability. PCB products not only facilitate the standardized assembly of various components, but also can be automated, large-scale mass production. At the same time, PCBs and components assembled with various components can be assembled to form larger components and systems up to the complete machine.
(7) Maintainability. Since PCB products and components assembled from various components are produced in a standardized design and scale, these components are also standardized. Therefore, once the system fails, it can be replaced quickly, conveniently and flexibly, and the system can be quickly restored.
Of course, you can say more about it. Such as miniaturization and weight reduction of the system, high-speed signal transmission, and the like.