How to Get Rid Of a Capacitor Soldered to a Motherboard?
Capacitors are an indispensable part of a motherboard. They accumulate as well as launch an electric fee, in addition, to stop the circulation of particular currents while permitting others to pass. They can sometimes malfunction, also breaking as well as spilling their electrolyte components over the circuit card. When this takes place, it is essential to recognize exactly how to correctly eliminate firm capacitors for simple circuit-board cleansing as well as a substitute. With the right devices and also strategy, you can eliminate a capacitor soldered to a motherboard.
PCB Prototype Quote
Directions of Eliminate a Capacitor on circuit board
- 1. Plugin a welding torch and also remainder it in its cradle, enabling it to warm up for a minimum of 15 mins.
- 2. Release the capacitors completely if they are high voltage, making use of a capacitor discharge device. Regular voltage capacitors do not require to be released. Describe the tool's user's manual prior to trying to get rid of the capacitors.
- 3. Get rid of the motherboard from the tool. Some motherboards can be eliminated by turning a securing tab and also gliding out, others are kept in the area by screws as well as can be gotten rid of with a screwdriver. See to it to utilize abasing clip when utilizing steel screwdrivers on the motherboard. If the motherboard can not be eliminated, eliminate as much of the cables as well as various other parts as feasible from the capacitor location.
- 4. Apply soldering pigtail to the base of the capacitor where the leads are soldered to the circuit card.
- 5. Press the completely warmed welding torch versus the pigtail to ensure that the solder warms up as well as is attracted right into the pigtail. Proceed with this procedure till the solder is eliminated from the capacitor leads.
- 6. Draw the capacitor devoid of the motherboard.
- 7. Get rid of any type of staying solder from the call factors on the motherboard with the soldering pigtail and also blowpipe.