Definition of each layer of PCB board
Posted:03:09 PM September 08, 2021
Many of the technical terms of EDA software do not have the same definition. The following explains the possible meaning literally of each layer of the PCB board.
- Mechanical: General multi-finger board type machining dimension marking layer
- Keepoutlayer: Define the area that cannot be routed, punched (via), or swing parts. These limits can be defined independently.
- Topoverlay: The meaning cannot be known literally. Provide more information for further discussion.
- Bottomoverlay: The meaning cannot be known literally. More information can be provided for further discussion.
- Toppaste: The top layer needs to expose the part of the solder paste on the copper skin.
- Bottompaste: The bottom layer needs to expose the part of the solder paste on the copper skin.
- Topsolder: Should refer to the top solder mask to avoid accidental short circuits during the manufacturing process or future repairs.
- Bottomsolder: Should refer to the bottom solder mask.
- Drill guide: It may be a table of different aperture sizes, corresponding symbols, and numbers.
- Drilldrawing: Refers to the whole bitmap, each different hole diameter will have a corresponding symbol.
- Multilayer: There should be no single layer, which can refer to multi-layer boards, for single-sided and double-sided boards.
- Toppaste: It is the stuff used to open the steel mesh when the surface layer is patched.
- Bottompaste: It is the stuff used to open the steel mesh when the bottom layer is mounted.
PCB board layer meaning
Sep 09,2021 18:40