The main functions of the CAM system are as follows:
1. Editing function:
1) Add elements such as pads, lines, arcs, characters, etc. to create drop pads.
2) Modify the pad and line size.
3) Move pads, lines, dimensions, etc.
4) Delete various graphics and automatically delete pads and air holes without electrical connections.
5) Automatic processing of solder mask leakage lines.
6) Screen printing character cover pad is automatically processed.
2. Imposition, rotation and mirroring.
3. Add various positioning holes.
4. Generate CNC drilling machine drilling data and milling shape data.
5. Calculate the area of ??the conductor copper foil.
6. Other related types of data.
In the microcomputer CAM system, representative is the View2001 software developed by LAVENIR. View2001 is a microcomputer CAM system consisting of a series of practical light mapping data processing programs, which can be run on DOS platform and DOS window of WINDOWS'9X. It contains several main programs, here is a brief introduction to V2001.EXE.
V2001.EXE is a well-functioning Gerber data editing software that can read various types of Gerber data files, including Gerber basic format and various Gerber extended formats, and supports Gerber data and D code tables generated by various CAD systems. And edit and modify it, and can process up to 99 layers of data at the same time. V2001 can recognize D code tables generated by more than 10 kinds of CAD and CAM systems such as Lavenir, PADS, P-CAD, ORCAD, Tango, Protel, Mentor, etc., and is easy to operate.
The main functions of V2001 are:
1) Delete, move, add lines, pads, arcs, characters, and more.
2) Simple imposition.
3) Transfer of graphics and data between layers.
4) Character processing, which automatically clears the characters on the screen screen layer that overlap with the pad.
5) Solder mask treatment, automatic processing of solder masks for leak lines.
6) Solder paste screen processing, automatically generate solder paste screen pattern of surface mount components.
V2001 can complete the processing of illuminating data well, has strong adaptability, can handle Gerber data generated by various CAD software, but the user interface is not very friendly, the software operation adopts command mode, and more commands need to be memorized. And it is more complicated, and it is more difficult to learn. But once you master it, you can handle the needs of most of the current printed board engineering.
It should be understood that the specific modifications and editorial work to be carried out on the documents provided by the client in V2001 are:
1) Convert the Gerber data file from the source file and convert the data about the Gerber file.
2) First check whether the layers have a slab border (wall).
If so, check that the thickness of the frame meets the requirements of the production process. Normally, the current double panel should be at least 0.15mm (6mil); the single panel should be at least 0.2mm (8mil); or edited according to the information provided by the customer.
If not, check for missing or missing, need to re-convert, or copy the border from other bordered layers.
3) Convert all elements that can be converted to FLASH pads into pads (optional).
4) Check whether the line width and spacing of the circuit layer meet the production process requirements. Generally, the line width and spacing of the current double-layer circuit layer should be at least 0.15mm (6mil); the line width and spacing of the single-layer circuit layer should be at least 0.2mm (8mil); or according to customer's Information for editing and editing.
5) Check the calibratability and size difference between the comparison circuit layer pad and the green oil solder mask pad. Under normal circumstances, the outer surface of the green oil solder mask pad of the double panel should be at least 0.15mm (6mil) to 0.2mm (8mil) above the circuit layer pad; the outer periphery of the single-layer green solder resist pad should be More than 0.2mm (8mil) to 0.3mm (12mil) of the pad on the circuit layer; or edited according to the information provided by the customer. Be careful not to miss the part. If there is a green oil layer pad, if the source file is not designed, it should be manually added.
6) Check the alignability of the circuit layer and the drilled layer, and compare the line pad and the hole size. Normally, the diameter of the drilled hole of the double panel should be at least 0.2mm (8mil); the diameter of the drilled hole of the single panel should be at least 0.5mm (20mil); or edited according to the information provided by the customer. Under normal circumstances, due to the requirements of the production process, only the CNC drilling and drilling files of the single-panel file need to be converted from the source file and transferred to the V2001 for processing. The double-panel is completed in the pre-platemaking process because the drilling work is completed. Drawing operations usually do not require processing of the drilling file.
7) Check whether the screen printed characters and logo on the character layer are consistent with the design file, and whether the character mark meets the production process requirements. Normally, the line width of the screen printing characters of the double panel should be at least 0.15mm (6mil); the line width of the screen printing characters of the single panel should be at least 0.2mm (8mil); or according to the information provided by the customer. Make edits and edits.
8) Clear the characters on the character screen print layer that overlap the pad.
9) Modify the width of the copper foil edge of the circuit layer to the width of the board border according to customer requirements. Generally, the current double panel should be at least 0.15mm (6mil); the single panel should be at least 0.2mm (8mil); or according to the customer The information is edited and edited.
10) Overlay or layered imposition according to the production process requirements or customer data.
11) Each layer is marked with an angle (optional), production number, date, various hole positions and signs.
12) Enter the layout output of the light painting software.
Usually, when processing Gerber data files in V2001, the main processing should be:
1. Single panel: circuit layer (1 layer), green oil solder mask (1 layer), screen printed white layer (1 or 2 layers).
2. Double panel: circuit layer (2 layers), green oil solder mask (2 layers), screen printed white layer (1 or 2 layers).
3. Printed boards with special process requirements, and the corresponding layers are reserved according to the specific conditions.
4. The rest of the layers should be disposed of in V2001, and the reserved files will be saved and output.